Clinics & Services
All GP Practices are contracted to provide “essential services” that is basic treatment of ill people.
We also provide the following “additional services”.
- Child Health Surveillance and routine immunisation of children with the Health Visitor
- Contraceptive services including oral contraception and IUCD insertion
- Maternity services in the ante-natal and post-natal period, with Community Midwives
- Cervical smears, minor surgical procedures and limited immunisations in relation to travel with the Practice Nurses.
We also hold contracts with Lothian Health Board for the following “enhanced services”.
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk
- Regular monitoring blood and urine tests for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems
- Annual reviews for patients with heart disease, history of a stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure and respiratory problems.