Patient Participation Group
We have now set up a patient participation group. Patients can either contact reception for details or print off an application form and hand in to us.
Survey Results & Reports
View Local Patient Participation Group Report March 2015
View Local Patient Participation Group Report March 2014
View Survey Results 2013-14
Read our Local Patient Participation Report Group report 2013
2013 Survey Results
2013 Survey Comments
15th April 2013
28th December 2012
19th December 2012
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The purpose of the Patient Participation Group is to establish a system of communication with all registered patients in the practice, so that their views and concerns are fed back into the practice. The Group will be responsible for communicating news and information from the practice to patients.
2. Key Tasks and Objectives
The key tasks and objectives are to:
- Contribute to practice decision making and consult on service development and provision
- Provide feedback on patient’s needs, concerns, interests and challenge the practice constructively whenever necessary
- Serve as a ‘safety valve’ for dealing with concerns and criticisms about the practice – represent patients, and enabling them to understand the practice’s point of view
- Provide a means for patients to make positive suggestions about the practice and their own healthcare
- Monitor the results of any practice surveys and help to develop an action plan as required.
Membership of the group is voluntary and open to all patients registered at the practice; however there should ideally be a good demographic spread to represent the practice population.
The group will elect a Chair, who should be a patient registered at the practice. The designate manager will act as Secretary and will take the minutes which will be circulated to all members and made available to any patients on request.
The meetings will be attended by the designate manager and at least one GP. Other members of the practice team may be invited to attend to discuss specific issues.
The meeting will be held when four or more members of the group excluding the designate manager and GP are in attendance.
4. Frequency of Meetings
The group will meet at least twice each year, but there are plans to establish an on-line forum for the exchange of views and information outside of these meetings.
The terms of reference will be reviewed on an annual basis.