If your test was organised by Morningside Medical Practice
When you attend for a test of any kind, you will be told how long you should expect to wait for the results. Typically:
- Blood tests take 7-14 days,
- Swab and urine tests take 7-14 days,
- Imaging tests takes 10-14 days.
Please bear this in mind and contact our receptionists after 11:00 once sufficient time has elapsed.
We have a strict policy regarding confidentiality and data protection, and we can only provide results to the person they relate to unless that person has given prior permission for their release or if they are not capable of understanding them.
- The clinician who organised your test will review your result and provide a comment to the report.
- Once commented upon, the result can be obtained via our receptionists, which may include any suggested actions.
- Please note, our receptionists are not qualified to provide any additional information and it is your responsibility to make any necessary follow up appointments.
If your test was organised by the hospital specialists::
It is the responsibility of the clinician who initiated the test to provide the results. Therefore, if your test was taken in the hospital setting and not initiated by your GP, the hospital clinicians should provide the result, as your GP may not be able to interpret the result fully.
Morningside Medical Practice will not be able to chase up these results, but if you feel that the result is taking too long, we ask you to call the consultant’s secretary directly.
The hospital switchboard number on 0131 536 1000.