Seasonal Influenza (flu) vaccine clinics 2020
Flu vaccination is available every year on the NHS to help protect adults and children at risk from flu and its complications. You can book your appointment from October 2020
This year due to Covid-19 OUR CLINICS WILL BE HELD IN
THE CLEVELAND CENTRE CAR PARK AREA YOU WILL SEE THE VACCINATION SITE OPPOSITE THE HEALTH CENTRE LIFTS ON THE CAR PARK LEVEL
PLEASE TEL: 01642 245069 TO BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
THESE CLINICS ARE STICKTLY FOR VACCINATION ONLY THE VACCINATORS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HELP WITH ANY OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE ENQUIRIES THIS IS NECESSARY TO PREVENT GROUPS OF PEOPLE
The flu virus spreads from person to person, even amongst those not showing any symptoms.
Whilst the threat may be invisible, the protection against it is clear. Getting your flu vaccine is the best way to protect against a virus that can cause unpleasant illness in children and death among at-risk groups, including older people, pregnant women and those with an underlying physical health condition.
The vaccination is free and recommended yearly for those most at risk of flu. More information on who is eligible can be found at nhs.uk/flujab.
If there is someone you rely on to care for you, please ask them to contact their own GP Practice as they may be eligible for a free flu vaccination as well.
If you wish to decline the vaccination or reschedule your appointment, please contact the surgery 01642 245069.
If you are unwell please do not attend and contact the practice to discuss and rearrange your appointment.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR FLU VACCINATION APPOINTMENT
To ensure our services run safely and smoothly, we’ve made some changes to the way we organise our flu clinics this year:
- You will be asked to bring and wear your own face covering (unless exempt). This can be a scarf, mask or bandana
- You will need to social distance 2 metres from the person in front of you
- it is important to prevent crowding that you only arrive at the time of your appointment and you do not attend without booking an appointment first
- unless you need assistance please do not bring family or friends who are not being vaccinated or do not have an appointment
- You will be asked to take off your coat and roll up your sleeve in preparation. It would be appreciated if you could wear a short-sleeved blouse or shirt with a coat or jacket depending on the weather
Arrangements for coronavirus
This year we’ve taken great care to put comprehensive social distancing and sanitisation measures in place. Our absolute priority is ensuring you get your flu vaccine in a safe environment.
This means IT IS IMPORTANT YOU ONLY arrive at the time your appointment been allocated. If you are early, you may be asked to wait in your car/carpark until your allocated time slot.
Please DO NOT ATTEND if you are experiencing any of the following coronavirus symptoms:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
- you've tested positive for coronavirus and have been advised to self-isolate
- you are living with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive in the last 14 days
- someone in your support bubble has symptoms or has tested positive in the last 14 days
- you've been told by NHS Test and Trace that you've been in contact with a person with coronavirus and have been told to self-isolate
Further information on coronavirus and NHS Test and Trace can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
After isolation for coronavirus and you are free of coronavirus symptoms, please contact the practice to rearrange your flu vaccination appointment.
We look forward to seeing you soon for your flu vaccination.
Drs Nanda, Singh & Kokri
For more information on the flu vaccine, visit: www.nhs.uk/flujab
Flu vaccine will be available at Discovery Practice from October 2020 for those eligible in an at risk group. Please call to book you appointment.
Over 50's Seasonal Influenza Vaccines
As you will have seen/heard in the media; the Government is expanding this year’s flu vaccination programme to include people aged 50 to 64.
In order to protect those most vulnerable, the ‘at-risk’ groups will be prioritised and vaccinated first.
Once the ‘at-risk group’ phase is well underway, those aged 50 to 64 will then receive an invitation to be vaccinated (they will not be vaccinated prior to receiving an invitation.)