Updated 26th March, 2021. 

NHS Money Advice Service (Financial Inclusion)

Service Provision

If you have money worries the NHS Money Advice service can help.

Last Year NHS Money Advice Services secures more than £2.2 million in financial gains for patients in NW Glasgow.

Asking about money worries only takes a few moments to do and can incorporated easily into some of the routine patient interaction registration for example by making the patient aware that the service is available if the patient needs help with money worries.


The kind of help available is:

·         maximising patient income

·         Advice on debt

·         Household budgeting

·         Benefit forms and entitlement

·         Banking and saving


On receipt of referral advisor will contact patient directly within 10 days

Referral Criteria

Anyone who is registered with a Glasgow GP

The money advisor will assess individuals circumstance

Referral Process

Any member of our  practice staff can make a referral

·         Our Staff will seek your consent for referral

·         We will check your name /address and  patient contact details are up to date

·         The staff will  complete a e-referral form which will be sent to  ggc.moneyadvice-northwest@nhs





North West Glasgow

Glasgow North West                Citizens Advice Bureau

provide information, advice and assistance in a wide range of areas, including:

·        welfare benefits,

·        money advice,

·        housing

·        employment


Phone: 0141 948 0204 


Website: http://www.gnwcab.org.uk/


Web chat from: http://www.gnwcab.org.uk/

Drumchapel Citizens  Advice Bureau

provide information, advice and assistance in a wide range of areas, including:

·        welfare benefits,

·        money advice,

·        housing

·        employment


Phone: 0141 944 2612   


Website: https://www.drumchapelcab.org.uk/


Email from link on: https://www.drumchapelcab.org.uk/

Drumchapel                  Money Advice Centre

provide information, advice and assistance in a wide range of areas, including:

·        welfare benefits,

·        money advice,

·        housing

·        employment



Phone: 0141 944 0507    


Website: http://www.dmac.btck.co.uk/






Glasgow City Council Support:

If your child is entitled to free school meals or a clothing grant, you will be sent a preloaded gift card to buy food from Farmfoods.

This is only available to existing claimants.   No new applications are being accepted.



The gift card vouchers will automatically be sent by post to those who are entitled.   You don’t need to take any action.

For Community Health Staff:

Referrals to NHS Money Advice Services are unaffected as our providers are equipped to work remotely.

However, please note that due to COVID-19 they can only provide telephone appointments until further notice.

Referral forms can be accessed via the Health & Wellbeing directory or Staffnet



http://infodir.nhsggc.org.uk/Home/Directory   or

via Staffnet



If you are a                          social housing tenant:

Many housing providers in the North West have support available for their tenants.

Welfare benefit advisors and fuel advisors can help you get on top of your bills,   learn budgeting skills, help you claim all of the benefits you are due and can also help you get on to the cheapest fuel tariffs.







Contact your housing provider for more information.

If you are attending hospital:

NHS Support & Information Services (SIS)

The SIS provides a friendly and confidential place for patients, families and staff to access health, wellbeing and financial support.

They can assist with emergency food, fuel and money concerns, as well as information and referral to a wide range of community services such as carers, money and debt advice.



The SIS is available at the following hospitals:


·        Queen Elizabeth University Hospital

·        Royal Hospital for Children

·        Glasgow Royal Infirmary

·        Victoria Hospital

·        Stobhill Hospital

·        Royal Alexandra Hospital


Telephone: 0141 452 238

Email: sis@ggc.scot.nhs.uk


If you are worried about energy bills:

Home Energy Scotland

Call Home Energy Scotland if you need help and advice on saving energy when you’re at home, or if you're worried about your energy bills or struggling to stay warm at home.


Call free on: 0808 808 2282


Website: https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/scotland/home-energy-scotland

Ethnic Minorities Law Centre:

(Glasgow-wide service)


Telephone: 0141 204 2888


Govan Law Centre:

(Glasgow-wide service)

are running a free and confidential advice service via WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, and e-mail and a free call back telephone service.


Telephone: 0141 440 2503

Website:  https://govanlawcentre.org/

WhatsApp: 07564 040765

Twitter: @govanlawcentre

Facebook messenger:





NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website