Travel Vaccinationsglobal air travel

If you are planning to travel outside the UK, you may need to be vaccinated against some of the serious diseases found in other parts of the world.

In the first instance you should seek advice from a pharmacy or a private travel clinic at least 8 weeks before you're due to travel.

The Practice is able to provide NHS vaccinations only recommended for travel. This is a limited range of travel vaccinations (where these are indicated only) which includes Hepatitis A, Typhoid, Diphtheria*, Tetanus* and Polio* (*may be combined)

We do not provide advice as to which other vaccinations you may require for overseas travel including to areas of higher risk. If you require vaccinations other than those offered by the NHS, you will need to arrange to have these administered privately.

If you require NHS vaccinations, please download and complete the form below (also available via our reception) and return it to the practice. We will then book you into the next available appointment with our Practice Nurse. If the next available nurse appointment is not soon enough for your travel needs then you will need to pay for these injections at a Travel Clinic.

Travel Vaccination Form


Local private clinics include:

Total Travel Clinic High Lane, Tel 0844 995 0120 / 07736 794813

Cheshire Travel Clinic Bramhall, Tel 0161 870 6546

Nomad Travel Manchester, Tel 01341 555 061

Boots Denton, Tel 0161 336 0794 

BMI The Alexandra Hospital Cheadle, Tel 0161 428 3656


For information and advice about what protection you should have for the area you are travelling to you can go to one of the following websites or contact a local travel clinic:


NHS Fit For Travel

The Medical Advisory Services for Travellers Abroad (MASTA)*

The National Travel health Network and Centre


There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below: 

Europe Europe & Russia North America North America
Central America Central America South America South America
Caribbean Caribbean Africa Africa
Middle East Middle East Central Asia Central Asia
East Asia East Asia Australasia Australasia and Pacific

Travelling in Europe

If you are travelling to Europe the EU has published useful information for travellers on the European website.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website