We are delighted to advise that we are now working collaboratively with two other local GP Practices. The NHS never stands still – and 2019 heralded a new idea in General Practice across England – something called Primary Care Networks (PCNs). Practices are required to collaborate in PCNs which cover between 30,000 and 50,000 patients. This is to allow sharing of ideas and resources.
We have formed HLH PCN, St Albans. This consists of the following three surgeries
- Harvey Group Practice
- The Lodge Health Partnership
- Hatfield Road Surgery
HLH PCN came into existence officially on 1/7/19. From then, Practice Managers and Doctors and other staff at the three surgeries have been meeting together to share plans to collaborate. We now have two staff members working across the PCN:
- Sandra Parsons is our Social Prescriber. She works with vulnerable housebound patients and other people who will benefit form support and advice around social help to make sure people are getting all the support they and their carers need. Sandra has been with us since Summer 2019
- Louisa Kasprowicz is our PCN Clinical Pharmacist. She joined us in January 2020. She works with practices in repeat prescription process and policy, dealing with complex medication alignment, medicines quality and safety issues and many other vital prescribing activities.
- Elizabeth Wright also joined the team as a PCN Clinical Pharmacist in October 2020 and supports the duties listed above. Working alongside Louisa and Liz are some pharmacy technicians who may also contact our patients regarding matters such as medication reviews.
- October 2020 also saw a new member of the team Wictor - he is a first contact physiotherapist and supports the patients of the three practices with musculo-skeletal issues. His appointments remain on-line at the present time.