Built in 1989 and extended in 1992 and 1995 to accommodate the increasing number of services provided by the Practice, the building incorporates a ramp and wheelchair access to all patient areas. Alterations to the building during 2007 provided more space for both patients and staff.
Disabled Access Statement
- A portable induction loop is located at the reception desk and can be available for consultations.
- Designated Disabled parking spaces are available for patient use in the Council car park directly in front of the Practice.
- Whilst doorways are wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs the Practice acknowledges that patients may need assistance with the opening of doors. There is an electronic touch-pad at the main door and a buzzer for patients to press should they need assistance gaining entry to the main reception area.
- The Practice has suitable access for disabled patients to all patient areas including waiting room, consulting rooms and patient toilet. Text of this booklet can be provided in large print or alternative formats by request. This should be available within 1 to 2 weeks.
- Dr Nico Grunenberg is fluent in Dutch, French and German.
- The Practice can use the services of Interpretation Services through NHS Tayside who provide Interpretation, Translation and Communication Services. They can provide translators in a wide variety of languages, and will also assist with patients who require communication aids.
- The Practice can provide symbol-based communication instead of standard letter format. This is widely used for patients with learning disabilities but can also be used to help patients especially those who have difficulty with literacy. Please ask at reception for details.