PHONE CALLS may be recorded for your protection.

Sickness Certificates

The first 7 days of sickness do not require a certificate from your GP. If your employer insists on a sickness form, complete a Self-Certification form, which can be found here

Please ask staff to issue the usual sick notes, NOT the GP's.

We do NOT do sick notes for suspected Covid.

Sick Notes do NOT need to be SIGNED. We will text them to you. You can print them or email them to your employer.

Keep Your Details up to Date
Please do update your contact details ("Your Contact Details" box at the bottom of screen) with home & mobile & email. You will receive appointment reminders and occasional requests for information by text.


Primary Care Networks

GP practices are working together with community, mental health, social care, pharmacy, hospital and voluntary services in their local areas in groups of practices known as primary care networks (PCNs). To find out more, click here and here. So far, being part of the PCN has allowed us to to have an in-house pharmacist, social prescriber, health coach and physiotherapist!





A Carer is anyone who cares, unpaid, for a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, a mental health concern or an addiction cannot cope without their support.


Anyone could be a Carer – a 15-year-old girl looking after a parent with alcohol dependency, a 40-year-old man caring for his partner who has terminal cancer, or an 80-year-old woman looking after her husband who has Alzheimer’s disease.


  • There are around seven million Carers in the UK – that is one in ten people and this is rising.
  • Three in five people will be Carers at some point in their lives in the UK.
  •   Out of the UK’s Carers, 42% are men and 58% women.
  •   By 2030, the number of Carers will increase by 3.4 million (round 60%). 

Carer’s help and support

You can get help and support if you're responsible for looking after someone who has a disability, is getting old or has become ill. This can range from practical help to make day-to-day life easier to benefits like Carer's Allowance.

 Practical help for carers

Your local council might be able to arrange practical help to allow you to care more effectively and reduce your stress. This could include things like arranging for someone to step in for a while to give you a break or providing some extra support for the person you care for, to give you more time for your other responsibilities.

To see if you can get practical help, you'll need the council to carry out a carer's assessment. All carers are entitled to this.

The carer's assessment looks at how caring affects your life and work, and how you can carry on doing the things that are important to you and your family. A carer's assessment isn't an exam - you won't be judged on whether the care you give is good enough.

Getting a carer’s assessment

Contact the social services department of the council covering the area where the person you care for lives. You may be able to do this online through the council's website. Tell them you’re a carer and ask them to carry out a carer’s assessment for you. You can ask at any time but it’s always a good idea to ask for an assessment if your needs change or you need more support.

What to expect from the carer’s assessment

The carer’s assessment is normally a face to face meeting with a trained person, either from the council or an organisation it works with. It could be at your home or the home of the person you care for. Alternatively, the assessment might be done over the phone.

In the assessment, you’ll discuss things like:

  • how much time you spend caring for the person
  • what sort of tasks you need to help them with, such as getting dressed, bathing, shopping, eating or dealing with money
  • whether carrying out your caring duties leaves you with enough time for your work, family and hobbies
  • whether any aspects of caring for the person are particularly hard to deal with, for example, do you worry about your own safety when helping them up the stairs
  • how caring is affecting your physical and mental health

It’s up to you whether you want the person you care for to be present.

The council or organisation it works with might send you a questionnaire to fill in before the assessment. If they don’t, it’s a good idea to spend some time before the assessment thinking about how caring for someone affects your life and what might make things easier for you.

What happens after the assessment

You’ll be told if you’re eligible for practical help from the council. If you're eligible, the council will explain how it will meet your needs, which could include referring you to other organisations for support.

You can choose to get a direct payment rather than having the services provided to you, if you prefer.

The council has to give you advice and information about other sources of support in your local area, even if you’re not eligible for practical help. This could be from local charities or support organisations.

 The Chesser Surgery want to ensure all Carer’s get the help and support they need and deserve.


To help us achieve this please complete this form and hand it to reception.


If you are agreeable we will pass your details to local organisations like Sutton Carers Centre and the Alzheimer’s Society who can provide support, information and advice. If you would like we can also pass your details directly to London Borough of Sutton for a Carer’s Assessment.We will need the information below to do this. Just ask one of our reception team for help. 


Your details



Date of Birth







Telephone Number


Are you registered here?



Details of the person you look after (either the carer or the person being cared for should be registered at The Chesser Practice)




Date of Birth


Address (if different from above)




Telephone Number (if different from above)


GP (if different from your own)



Sutton Carer’s Centre
Benhill House, 1st Floor, 12-14 Benhill Avenue, Sutton, Surrey SM1 4DA

020 8296 5611

Fax: 020 8296 5616


9.00 AM - 5.00 PM Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
9:00 AM - 8:00 PM Tuesday

11:00 AM - 1.00 PM Second Saturday of every month 


Other Useful Contacts

AGE UK Sutton 0208 770 4089

Citizens Advice Sutton 020 8405 3552

CAMHS 020 3513 3800

Childline 0800 1111

Contact 020 7608 8700

Counselling Directory  0333 325 2500

Jump Start 020 8669 2524

Bipolar UK 0333 323 3880

MAPS (Mentoring, Advocacy & Peer Support)020 8661 5900

Mental Health Crisis Line 0800 028 8000

NHS Non-emergency number 111

Sutton Alzheimer's Society 0208 770 1875

Sutton Council 0208 770 5000

Sutton Information, Advice & Support Service 020 8770 4541

Sutton Family Information Service 020 8770 6000

Sutton Mental Health Foundation 020 8770 0172

Sutton UPLIFT 020 3513 4044

patients association


Referral form 

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website