- Physical or verbal aggression will not be tolerated. Anyone who abuses our staff will be removed from the practice list immediately.
- A missed appointment is a wasted appointment. Please let us know if you can’t make your appointment so we can give it to someone else.
- Please let us know straight away if you change your address or telephone number, we may need to contact you.
- If you are waiting for a hospital appointment you must let them know you have moved. If you are not sure who to contact, please speak to our secretary, Sue Peat.
- Please only request a home visit when really necessary. If in doubt you can ring and ask to speak to a doctor.
- During evening surgery, one booked appointment slot is for one patient. Please don’t bring another family member to the same appointment expecting their problem to be dealt with at the same time as yours.
- Please don’t assume that test results are normal just because we haven’t contacted you. It is your responsibility to phone us for your results.
- The doctors, nurses and staff are all working under pressure and we would appreciate your patience at busy times.
Our Responsibilities to You:
- Our doctors and nurses will abide by the codes of conduct set down by their professional bodies.
- The whole practice team will strive to address your problems promptly and efficiently wherever possible.
- You should expect to be dealt with in a polite and courteous manner at all times.
- Under normal circumstances, we will endeavour to answer the telephone within 5 rings.
- Outside holiday times, you should be able to make a routine appointment to see the doctor of your choice within 10 days.
- You will always be able to see a doctor within 48 hours, although this may not always be at the time of your choosing or with the doctor of your choice.
- You should be able to obtain advice 24 hours a day in an emergency situation.
- We have a legal obligation to protect your confidentiality.
- You are entitled to view your medical records by appointment.
- Your complaints will be dealt with promptly through our official complaints procedure.