Our practice is inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to ensure we are meeting essential standards of quality and safety.
The lead contact & deputy for each CQC outcome is Dr Manu Jeyam
Click here to view our registration document
Statement of Purpose
1. To provide the best possible care and quality of service for our patients
2. To provide a confidential and safe environment through effective collaboration and teamwork.
3. To show all patients courtesy and respect at all times. To show understanding of culture; ethnic origin; religious belief; personal attributes and the nature of their health problems.
4. To involve our patients in decision making about their treatment.
5. To promote healthy living through education; screening availability and information leaflets and on-screen information within the surgery.
6. To hold multi-disciplinary team meetings with nurses; Macmillan teams; Integrated community care teams and health visitors.
7. To provide an area of education for students and training doctors
8. To encourage our patients to get involved with the Practice decisions using the annual survey; PPG and Friends and Family results.
9. To ensure that the team is upskilled and has the correct training to carry out their duties.
10. To hold regular team meetings to discuss significant events; new procedures, audits and discuss any worries or concerns.
11. To provide safe and effective care for our patients.
12. To support patients through continuity of care; local guidelines; accurate record keeping; named GP and care planning.
13. To ensure that our practice and services are governed and commissioned in a way to suit their needs.
14. To ensure that the practice is compliant with relevant legislation and policy relevant to maintaining trust and confidentiality.
15. To provide high quality medicines management.
16. To aid in research.
17. We strive to provide excellent patient care to a diverse and deprived population through robust clinical governance principles and good team working while supporting equality and diversity; and encouraging teaching and training. Learning and continual professional development is the ethos of the surgery.
This widget provides a summary of the results of the latest checks carried out by the CQC.
Halliwell Surgery 2
CQC overall rating
28 June 2016
25 April 2019