Welcome to Wonersh Surgery
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
The advice to the public is to call NHS 111 now if they have been:
- • to Wuhan or Hubei Province in China in the last 14 days (even if they do not have symptoms)
- • to other parts of China, including Macau and Hong Kong, in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
- • to Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Republic of Korea or Malaysia in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
- • in close contact with someone with confirmed Coronavirus.
Coronavirus Update (16/03/2020)
If anyone (including children) develop a new fever or cough they should self isolate for 7 days. I.e. not leave the house .
Anyone who has had contact with a known case of coronavirus should self isolate for 14d (although they are now only testing severe cases in hospital)
If you are unsure go online to 111.nhs.uk
Your GP cannot test for COVID 19.
All GP surgeries have been instructed by NHSE to cancel all routine face to face appointments, all appointments are to be switched to telephone/video consultations and only patients that really need to be seen after being assessed on the phone by a clinician will be seen.
Practices will continue to have processes to ensure childhood immunisation and other essential care continues.
If you are seen at the surgery your clinician may need to wear gloves, gown and mask so do not be alarmed.
HOW CAN YOU HELP KEEP GP PRACTICES OPEN?
- Do not attend the practice if you have a fever or cough or have been in contact with someone with COVID 19 or travelled to a high risk country even if you had a prior appointment booked for another reason.
- If you are told to come to the surgery for an assessment listen carefully to instructions. You may be asked to wait in your car until the clinician calls you in/ to wait in a different area. This is to protect you and other patients.
- DO NOT attend your GP surgery for any reason unless you have been advised to.
- Register for the NHS app or another e-access tool to be able to request prescriptions and look at test results.
- Do not call the GP surgery unless you need to. Surgery phone lines are facing high demand. Please use the online 111 tools to try to self manage first.
- Register for electronic prescribing and inform your pharmacy that you wish to nominate them. You can then request prescriptions online or via your pharmacy and they are issued electronically to your chemist electronically avoiding your need to visit the surgery.
Your GP practice needs your help to ensure that they can protect patients and staff and to stay open at this difficult time.
Please remember that if you are unwell for other reasons eg chest pain / abdominal pain / other significant illnesses you should still ask for help!
This may be a worrying time and some may find they are struggling with their mental health. Please visit https://www.healthysurrey.org.uk for the links to how to self refer for psychological therapies- these can be done online and over the phone too.
For most COVID 19 will be a mild illness. The purpose of trying to reduce the rate that people catch it by isolating those affected is to try to keep the NHS running to be able to care for those who are very sick.
Online Booking Service Temporarily Suspended
The online appointment booking service has been temporarily suspended due to concerns about Coronavirus. If you wish to cancel or amend the appointment please contact the reception team.
New Appointment System
Please refer to the Appointment page for information regarding the new appointment system.
Repeat Prescription Requests
With effect from 3rd June 2019, all repeat prescription requests will require 3 full working days (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays). This will be strictly enforced unless there are extenuating circumstances at the sole discretion of the Doctor. We would like to encourage all patients to request repeat prescriptions via the online services.
Change of Named Doctor
We recently had to allocate patients to other named doctors in the practice, however you are still able to see the clinician of your choice, subject to their availability. We are unable to notify every patient individually.
We will be moving to a new website soon (exact date unknown) as the Surrey Heartlands CCG want to standardise all the practice websites within the area.
Release of Medical Records - Patients aged 13-18 years of age
Based on recent guidance received, we will no longer be able to provide medical information to a parent or guardian of any patient aged 13 to 18 years of age without the consent of the patient. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes. Please refer to the GDPR Tab to review the guidance document.
Educational Half Days
We will be closed between 12h30 and 16h00 for Educational Half days as arranged by the Guildford & Waverley CCG, and the phones will be diverted to our Out of Hours provider. The dates are:
16/01/2020 (Thursday); 04/03/2020 (Wednesday); 14/05/2020 (Thursday); 08/07/2020 (Wednesday); 17/09/2020 (Thursday) and 21/10/2020 (Wednesday).
Family Planning Services
With effect from January 2020 we are able to provide Sub-Dermal Implants. Patients requesting this service will be directed to an appropriate clinic.
To access our online services for booking and cancelling appointments, ordering repeat prescriptions and viewing selected items from your medical record, you can register for online services via Patient Access; click here or in person at the practice.
If you register online you will need to bring the form below to the surgery together with 2 forms of ID, one photographic and one proof of residence. If you register in person you will also be required to complete the form and provide ID.
Patient Leaflet Online Access click here
Application Form for Online Access click here
Cancel an Appointment
If you are not registered with Patient Access and wish to cancel an appointment click here.
Moving Out of Practice Area
If you move out of the practice area then you will need to register at a GP Practice closer to your new residence.
Sharing Your Data with the Royal Surrey County Hospital
From the 1 September 2017 this practice will be participating in an initiative where patients’ Health Records will be accessible to certain clinical staff working within the hospital if you require treatment by them. This includes:
- A summary of your Care Record (including details Medication, Allergies, and your Health Status)
- Records made by GPs during consultations with you
- Information relating to Investigations and Immunisations
- Details of any referrals and copies of Care Plans in place
We believe that this is clearly in your best interests; it could save your life. It will certainly contribute to the provision of comprehensive medical care during your time in their care.
If you do not wish your GP to share your personal medical data with the Royal Surrey County Hospital, you can always opt out.
If you wish to opt out you can complete the form below or collect one from Reception.
RSCH Sharing Agreement Opt Out Form
There is a GP Extended Access service with evening and weekend appointments (GPs and Nurses) now available within Guildford operated out of two hubs:
- The Fairlands Practice, Fairlands Avenue, Worplesdon, Fairlands, Guildford, GU3 3NA
- Binscombe Medical Centre, 106 Binscombe, Godalming, GU7 3PR
This service can be booked via our Reception team.
Wheelchair access is at the rear of the surgery and consulting rooms are available on the ground floor at all times. Toilet facilities for the disabled are also available on the ground floor. When making your appointment, please let the receptionist know if you need any help due to a disability.
Disabled car parking and access to the surgery is available at the back of the building.
We have a car park at the rear of the premises which is reached by driving through the archway. Please note there is a one way system for safety reasons. Please DO NOT PARK at the front of the surgery, as this may obstruct resident’s access.
Named Accountable GP
All patients are allocated a named, accountable GP, who is responsible for their overall care at the practice. This is referred to as your 'Usual GP'. You should be informed of your 'Usual GP' when you register but you can also check who this is with any member of staff at any time. Please be aware that this does not affect your ability to make an appointment with any of the GP's in the practice of your choosing. We will make reasonable efforts to accommodate requests to change Usual GP.
When we are Closed
For details of Out of Hours Services please click here
Friends and Family Test
We would like your feedback on the care and treatment that we give you when you visit your GP or contact the surgery.
There are several ways that you can give feedback:
Go to www.mygpfeedback.com and select Wonersh Surgery
Text the word WONERSH to 07860 035936. Standard message rates apply.
Ask a Receptionist for a paper form to complete by hand and leave in the FFT box.
(Site updated 16/03/2020)