GP Online Services allow patients to book appointments, request medication and view medical records.
Registering for GP Online Services
If you are 16+ with suitable photo ID, you can self-register by downloading the NHS App (Note: This is not the NHS COVID App). If you are unable to get through the self-registration, please contact the surgery for an alternative method of accessing online services.
Having self-registered you will have access to core online services:
- Appointment booking/cancellation
- Medication requesting
- Summary record view (Allergies/sensitivities & recent medication)
If you require online services for someone who lacks capacity to make their own care decision (e.g. young children or an ill relative), please first self-register for the NHS App for yourself and then contact the surgery regarding "proxy access" to add additional patients to your account.
If you would like access to further medical record entries (to view your test results or consultations etc), please contact the surgery.
- Online services may be unavailable during the weeks commencing 15th and 22nd November 2021.
- Those who got through identity checks within the NHS App will automatically still have access to core online services once it is available (listed above), however extras such as proxy access and further medical record data will be reset. You will need to re-request access to these advanced features by contacting the surgery.
- Those who needed additional login details to access the NHS App will need to either (1) re-attempt identity checks within the app or (2) contact the surgery to be manually re-registered for online services.
For further information about the NHS App: www.nhs.uk/nhsapp
For general information on GP Online Services: www.nhs.uk/gponlineservices
Registered for ‘Patient Access’? Read this essential information about your account
During the coming months, the surgery plans to change our internal computer system and Patient Access will no longer be available to use with the surgery. We will still be offering GP Online Services, but you will need to switch to a different service to do this.
As an existing user, we recommend you self-register for the NHS App as above. You will be able to use the NHS App for GP Online Services now and after we have changed our computer system. This will result in less disruption for you when our system changes.
Until our system change you may still login to Patient Access here; however, please switch to the NHS App as soon as possible as we will be extremely busy during our system change.
Once we have changed system, your account with the Patient Access website will still be present but no longer be associated with our surgery. If you wish you can arrange to have this data deleted so your personal information is not unnecessarily held by Patient Access.