Stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
- shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
- one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
- any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
- travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
Important - These 4 reasons are exceptions – even when doing these activities, you should be minimising time spent outside of the home and ensuring you are 2 metres apart from anyone outside of your household.
There is separate advice about:
Symptoms and what to do
Do not leave your home if you have either:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
To protect others, do not go to places like a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. Stay at home.
Use the 111 online coronavirus service to find out what to do.
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
Read general information such as:
Out of Hours
Between the hours of 6.30 p.m. and 8.00 a.m. Monday – Friday and over the weekend or bank holidays please dial 111 or the surgery number (01787 378226) where your call will be diverted to the out of hours service provided by the NHS Suffolk
All results are seen by the Doctor who ordered them. Please telephone for the result between 2.00 p.m. and 5.00 p.m. when our staff will be able to pass on the Doctor’s message to you. Please allow 3 working days for results to be available.
If you need medical advice your details will be taken and our Nurse Practitioner will phone you back later. If the matter is urgent, please advice us and it will be dealt with straight away.