Please note that there are two separate electronic systems in operation regarding prescriptions:
Ordering Repeat Prescriptions
Patients on regular medication will require repeat prescriptions and for a safe and speedy service, repeat prescriptions are computerised. Your doctor will have entered onto the computer what medication you are taking and each time a new prescription is issued, a new request form is also generated for you to make your next request.
You can book and cancel your appointments and order your prescriptions online.
- If you are new to online services at Hailsham Medical group, please click on the Online Services tabe above and follow instructions.
You will need to bring a form of photo identification and proof of address with you when you return the completed form to register for this.
Please read the help file on the website or ask us if you need advice.
Ordering repeat precriptions using paper
We do not take requests for repeat prescriptions via the telephone, for medico-legal reasons, as errors can occur in verbal communication.
- Either deliver or post your Repeat Prescription Form to the surgery.
- To ensure that you do not run out of your medication please allow at least FOUR working days (96 hours) for your prescription to be processed. (Sometimes there are longer delays outside of our control at the pharmacies and due to manufacturing problems)
- Tick the items you require on the request form and if you have more than one medication please try and order all items at the same time.
- If you have any problems please telephone the surgery between 11am and 5pm when the Prescription phone lines are open.
Clearly indicate where you would like the prescription form sent on the 'Repeat Prescription Request Form'.
If you do not wish to collect your prescription yourself we can send the prescription direct to a nominated chemist:
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS2)
This service is now live. This system enables us to send your finished prescription to any participating pharmacy electronically, so saving time and reduced the risk of "missing" bits of paper. To learn more, see the Electronic Prescriptions Service page. If you have a favourite pharmacy, it would really help us if you could ask for your prescription to be sent this way. We can't do this without your agreement.
It saves you and the receptionists' time if you nominate a chemist in this way.
Boots - Vicarage Field, Hailsham
Kamsons Pharmacy, Hailsham
Paydens - High Street, Hailsham
Seaforth Pharmacy - Vicarage Lane , Hailsham
Or we can send the prescription form to your home address, but only if you remember to enclose a stamped addressed envelope.