At Clarence Medical Centre we operate an Equality and Diversity Policy as follows
The term ‘visitor’ used below refers to anyone (including patients and their family members, other visitors and contractors) making use of the Practice premises and services,
The practice :
- Will ensure that all visitors are treated with dignity and respect
- Will promote equality of opportunity between men and women
- Will not tolerate any discrimination against, or harassment of, any visitor for reasons of age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
- Will provide the same treatment and services (including the ability to register with the Practice) to any visitor irrespective of age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability , sexual orientation, religion or belief.
The policy applies to the general public, including all patients and their families, visitors and contractors.
Discrimination by the Practice against you
If you feel discriminated against :
- You should bring the matter to the attention of the practice Clinical Governance Manager
- The Clinical Governance Manager will investigate the matter thoroughly and confidentially within 5 working days.
- The Clinical Governance Manager will establish the facts, and decide whether discrimination has taken place and advise you of the outcome of the investigation within 10 working days.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should raise a formal complaint through the practice complaints procedure (details of how to make a complaint are listed in our Practice Booklet , a copy of this is available at reception.
Discrimination against Practice Staff
The Practice will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment of our staff by any visitor. Any visitor who expresses any form of discrimination against, or harassment of, any member of our staff will be required to leave the Practice premises forthwith. If the visitor is a patient, he/she may be removed from the Practice list .