We aim to provide patients with the best quality care available. Our charter is a statement of what you can expect from the Practice and what we feel we can expect from our patients.
What you can expect from us:
All members of the Practice team will greet you in a polite manner at all times.
The Surgery will be clean and comfortable as far as our facilities allow.
You have the right to confidentiality at all times.
The doctors and nurses aim to see patients on time. Because of the nature of our work appointments can over-run but we will always try to see you within 30 minutes of your appointment time. If there is likely to be a delay, you will be informed by the receptionist.
You may be able to see your medical records subject to limitations of the law.
You may request a health check with one of the Practice Nurses if you have not seen your GP within three years.
We will aim to accommodate your special needs, please let us know if we fail so that we can try to improve our service.
What we expect from you:
- To treat all staff with the same courtesy you expect of them.
- To ensure that you attend your appointment on time.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, give as much notice as possible.
- Do not request a home visit if you are fit to travel to the Surgery.
- All home visits are at the doctor's discretion.
- To keep us informed of a change of address, telephone number or name.
- If you have been discharged from hospital, help your GP by ensuring that your discharge note is received by the Surgery as soon as possible.
- You allow at least 48 hours when ordering repeat prescriptions.
- To be understanding if we keep you waiting - we try not to keep you waiting, but emergencies do arise and have to be given priority. We would hope that in this event, you will be understanding, and if you are unable to wait we will be happy to rearrange your appointment.