Patient Reference Group
The inaugural meeting of St Peters Surgery Patient Reference Group took place on the 9th February 2011. The meeting was attended by 23 patients of whom 12 signed up to be part of the group.
The main purpose of the group is:
- To obtain on-going input from patients on the quality and range of services provided by the practice and the wider health service.
- To involve patients in the development of potential new or extended services.
- To work in partnership with the practice to influence the design, shape and provision of health services in the local community.
- To review survey results with the practice to determine and agree possible changes and/or improvements to services.
- To represent the diversity in our local practice community.
We respect the views of the all our patients and we are always looking for representation from all types of patients. At present we are particularly interested in encouraging representation from the following groups to join us:
- Young men and women aged under 45;
- Parents who could represent the needs of our children;
- Patients with a disability or chronic disease
Terms of Reference for the Patient Reference Group
- Provide a voice, as patients on behalf of the population registered at St Peters Surgery
- To recognise the need to consult with the wider registered population at St Peters Surgery on some issues, where specific groups will need to be targeted for their views e.g. children and young people, older people, people with disabilities etc.
- To achieve a dialogue between patient and practice so that some balance can be achieved between any conflicting aims and expectations.
- To provide feedback for planning new services and evaluating existing ones.
If you think you fit the bill and are willing to give up some time then please contact:
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.