About the Patient Participation Group
The Purpose of this group is to improve communication between the surgery and our patients, and help the practice tailor services towards the needs of our patients. We feel this channel of communication between practice staff and patients will help break down barriers and enable sharing of information.
Our Patient Participation Group (PPG) is made up of a large group of volunteer patients and practice staff. Initially we will be communicating via email and inviting you to take part in a survey and perhaps just some simple questions occasionally, to share your ideas on how our services could be run and improved upon. These improvements can be made for the benefit of the patients and the practice. You will also gain a better understanding of the practice and our staff. You will receive a regular Newsletter with latest surgery news, NHS updates and health and wellbeing advice and you will always be the first to know about information of interest.
Since starting our PPG, using your email comments, survey outcomes and suggestions we have:
- Increased the number of staff members who answer the phone during our busiest times.
- Incorporated an on-line repeat prescribing facility through our website.
- Improved our Health promotion messages on the waiting room information screen.
- Introduced the self check in
- Used publicity to reduce the number of DNA’s (Did Not Attend)
- Trained all staff to say their name when answering telephone calls and to wear their name badges at all times to give patients an immediate reference and personal touch.
- Brought in the facility through our website to cancel appointments on-line without the need to contact the surgery directly.
If you are interested in joining our group please do get in touch. If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Complete the Patient Group Sign-up Form Online
If you prefer, you can download the sign up form as a pdf document, print it out, complete it and return it to the practice.
Download the pdf version of our sign up form
We will be in touch shortly after we receive your form. Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance
The information you supply us will be used lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.