New Patient Registration
For patients looking to register with our practice, please review our boundary map to see the areas we cover.
In order to register with us, we require our patients to complete a GMS1 registration form as well as either a new adult patient questionnaire, or a new child patient questionnaire if under 15 years old. These can be found by either entering your local Portsdown surgery and enquiring at the front desk, or by downloading the forms using the provided links near the bottom of this page.
Please note that additionaly it is ideal if you can provide two forms of identification when registering; a photo ID and a proof of address. For more information, please read below:
Proof of ID and Residency
(it would be helpful if you cuold supply 1 of these for both ID & address verification):
- UK photo card Driving Licence
- UK Firearms Licence
Acceptable forms of ID:
- Current passport
- Driving licence
- EU national identity card
- Blue disabled parking permit (photo version only)
- Police Warrant card or armed forces ID card
- PAYE coding notice (from Inland Revenue)
- Benefit or Pension letter (from current tax year)
Acceptable forms of Address (residency) verification:
- Current driving licence (if not provided as id)
- Utility bill (dated within the last 3 months)
- Council tax bill (current year)
- Bank Statement (dated within the last 3 months).
- Work permit or student visa
- Letter from Host college\Family
Download our registration forms:
GMS1 Registration Form
New Adult Patient Questionnaire
New Child Patient Questionnaire
Guide to GP Services
The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them. You can download the guide below.
A Patient Guide to GP Services