When blood tests or other tests are requested as part of your treatment, we will contact you by post or telephone if any follow up action is necessary. For this reason, please make sure we have current contact details on record. Please allow at least a week for results to get to us and for a GP to review them.
If you do phone for the result of a test, we would ask you to do this after 12 noon where possible. This allows time for the incoming results and letters for that day to be scanned into your records and then checked by your doctor.
Some test results take longer than a week to come back to us, or are sent directly to the patient. These are:
- X-Ray: Up to 4-6 weeks to be sent back to your GP
- Ultrasound and MRI scans: Advised by radiographer
- Smear test: 6 weeks or more. By post directly to patient
- Mammogram: Up to 4 weeks. By post directly to patient
- Retinal screening: 2-4 weeks. By post directly to patient
- Hospital tests: Results go back to the consultant who decides whether to write directly to the patient, wait to discuss at their next clinic appointment, or sometimes to send the result to the surgery for information. To follow up tests done in the hospital, it is always best to contact the consultant's secretary in the first instance.
Please note that you can access most test results using the Patient Access service or Evergreen Life.