If possible please try to telephone reception before 10:00 if you require a home visit. The doctor will visit at the end of morning surgery.
You may only request a home visit if you are housebound or are too ill to visit the practice. Your GP will only visit you at home if they think that your medical condition requires it and will also decide how urgently a visit is needed.
You can be visited at home by a community nurse if you are referred by your GP. You should also be visited at home by a health visitor if you have recently had a baby or if you are newly registered with a GP and have a child under five years.
A doctor is able to visit patients home in emergencies. Home visits are made at the discretion of the Doctor and triaged first to assess if required. If a home visit is essential please telephone the surgery in the morning and then the Doctor will visit at the end of morning surgery.
- All requests for home visits should be made to reception by 10.00am
- Home visits should not be requested to overcome patient transport difficulties
- Please give a clear description to the receptionists so a decision can be made about need and urgency
- The doctor may wish to discuss your request – sometimes the doctors advice is all that is required
- Always make sure that we have up to date details of your address and telephone number.