How to Become a Chorister
We welcome any enquiry from parents of boys between the ages of 7-13. The Director of Music is happy to speak to anybody interested about what we do and the commitment involved, and to arrange an audition. The audition consists of singing something very short and simple, and lots of opportunity to chat about choir life. Usually, new boys spend some time in a trainee group, known as “probationers”, meeting once a week, and then gradually being introduced to the full commitment.
Recruitment - Boys’ Section
What's In it for the Boys?
- A marvellous opportunity to sing a large variety of good music.
- A musical education, with vocal coaching and singing tuition.
- Learning new skills and teamwork.
- Satisfaction from performing well.
- Opportunities to sing solos.
- Entry into singing competitions and exams paid for by the choir.
- Other social activities outside music.
- Pocket money each term.
Opportunities for Altos, Tenors and Basses
We also welcome enquiries from men who sing alto, tenor or bass.
There is also an ideal opportunity for young adults at secondary school from the ages of about 13-18, who can also benefit from the educational aspect.
For further information regarding membership of the Parish Church Choir, to arrange an audition or for any other enquiries about the music,
Ian Brackenbury – Director of Music
Mobile: 0771 928 3735
Church: 01246 206506
Or write to:
Chesterfield Parish Church