This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


We will be taking part in the Worlds Biggest Coffee Morning on Friday the 28th September from 10.00am until 11.30am to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support. Please feel free to join us for cake and refreshments.

Need Urgent Dental Care?

If you need help with an urgent dental problem, call our helpline, available from 9am to 9:30pm everyday, including weekends and Bank Holidays.

0161 476 9651 (Local Rate)

Local dental providers offer NHS urgent dental clinics across Cheshire and Merseyside, with urgent appointments for patients who need urgent treatment, advice and support on dental queries or referral to other services.

The service is provided according to strict clinical criteri

a and when you call you'll be assessed by a member of our clinical team to make sure your problem come under either:

  • Trauma - this is usually caused by a blow to the face, a lost filling is not classed as a trauma.
  • Swelling of the face
  • Bleeding, uncontrolled, such as after an extraction
  • Pain that can't be controlled by pain relief medicines.

If you're given an appointment and your problem doesn't fit of the above, you'll still have to pay the NHS fee but may receive advice and not treatment.

Clinic times vary.and at busy times or when your local clinic's not available you may be offered an appointment at an alternative location.

Please not: this is an appointment only service - we do not operate a "drop in" service at any of our surgeries

Domestic Violence and Crime

Garswood Surgery – A Safe Haven

The Practice offers a ‘Safe Haven’ to all victims of domestic violence, crime and/or abuse. Our ‘Safe Haven’ policy provides a safe environment where victims can access support and guidance as well as a secure and private area where they can contact the police, charities and other support groups, family and friends and arrange alternative accommodation that they may not be able to do at home. The Practice takes all accusations of abuse seriously and will provide as much help and cooperation as is needed to ensure the safety of patients. This can also include the sharing of necessary medical information with relevant services.

Please note that we can only operate our ‘Safe Haven’ policy during Practice opening hours.

Please see below for other information and links to services in the St Helens area.

Domestic Violence and Abuse

What is domestic violence / abuse?

Domestic violence/ abuse isn't just physical; it can be psychological, sexual, emotional or even financial.

It involves a wide range of abusive and controlling behaviour and can take the form of:-

  • Threats
  • Harrassment
  • Physical attacks
  • Financial control
  • Emotional abuse

How to leave safely during an incident?

  • Have a small bag already packed with spare clothes, keys, phone numbers and money in case you need to leave quickly.
  • Take the children with you when you leave whatever the long-term arrangements will be.
  • Only leave when it is safe to do so.
  • Consider whom to trust to tell that you are leaving.

Never be afraid to ask for help and in an emergency ring 999.

Independent Domestic Violence Advocate (IDVA)

Help and support for victims independent of Merseyside Police and Social Services - 01744 743200

Helena Extra 24 - Hour Domestic Violence Helpline

Emergency refuge accommodation and 24 Hour advice and support - 01925 220541


If you want to talk to someone about your drinking - or someone close to you - contact Addaction on 01744 610555(or if under 19 - The Young People's Drug & Alcohol Team on01744 675605)


Information and support for male victims of domestic Violence and for men who have been abusive to a partner and want to change - 0808 802 4040

Information obtained from Safer St Helens

Criminal Acts

If you have been a victim of a criminal act including violent crime or hate crime which can consist but not limited to the following

  • physical assault
  • damage to property
  • arson
  • graffiti
  • threats;
  • verbal abuse
  • bullying
  • obscene telephone calls

it is recommended that you contact the police directly. There are services set up within the Merseyside Police teams that can assist and advise you on what to do and who to talk to.

Some useful contacts

Stop Hate UK
There are a number of ways you can contact Stop Hate UK:

Merseyside Police
101, or in an emergency call 999
The Hate Crime Investigation Unit, SIGMA, can be accessed via the Merseyside Police main switchboard.

Victim Support
0151 353 4025
Call the Merseyside Victim Care Team for help, support and information. All offices are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website