If you need help and don't know where to turn, if you have a question or problem, you can contact HertsHelp.
They will listen to what you need and, if you would like them to, telephone people and make arrangements on your behalf.
Or they can put you in touch with organisations that can help. They will then call you to make sure that you have found the help you need.
- Welfare Assistance Scheme - money, food, furniture, clothing and advice
- Herts Healthy Homes - home visits, repairs, money for fuel bills, preventing illness and isolation
- Benefits and advice - debt and budgeting advice, housing advice, help filling out application forms
- Care and support at home - shopping, gardening, fire safety and home security checks
- Care homes - personal care, respite care, support for diabetes, cancer, stroke and acquired brain injury
- Adaptations - grab rails, stair lifts, equipment for the home, community alarms
- Getting active - healthy walks, social clubs, swimming, leisure activities
- Lunch clubs and leisure activities - computer lessons for beginners, days out, social activity community groups, befriending services
- Transport and Blue Badge - help applying for disabled parking permits, bus passes , community transport
- Medical - weight loss, hospital transport, mental health services, and amputee support groups
- Crisis support - bereavement, domestic abuse, drug and alcohol abuse, serious illness, family support
- Homeless - access to help and support