The Littlewick Centre and The Dales Medical Centre Publication Scheme
The Publication Scheme is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the you by Littlewick Medical Centre and The Dales Medical Centre. It is reviewed at regular intervals and we will monitor its effectiveness
Your rights to information
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 recognises that members of the public have the right to know how public services are organised and run, how much they cost and how the decisions are made.
- From January 1st 2005 the FOI Act will oblige the General Practice to respond to reguests about information that it holds and is recorded in any format and it will create a right of access to that information. These rights are subject to some exemptions which have to be taken into consideration before deciding what information it can release.
- In addition to accessing the information identified in this Publication Scheme, you are entitled to request information about Littlewick Medical Centre and The Dales Medical Centre under the NHS Openness Code 1995.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998. you are also entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you and you can contact the Practice Manager at Littlewick Medical Centre to do this.
- New environmental information regulations have also been introduced. These will enable similar access to environmental information as under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
How much does it cost?
Publications are all free unless otherwise indicated. Where there is a charge for providing information the cost will be calculated as set out in each class
How do we make information available?
Information may be downloaded here on our website otherwise it is available in hard copy from the Practice Manager as indicated for each class of information.
If you have any comments about the operation of this Publication Scheme or how we have dealt with your request for information from the scheme please write to us. Our address is found on the Location page.
There are many classes of information as part of the Publication Scheme and all of the information at Littlewick Medical Centre is held, retained and destroyed in accordance with NHS guidelines. Our commitment to publish information excludes any information which can be legitimately withheld under the exemptions set out in the NHS Openness Code or Freedom of Information Act 2000. Individual classes of information are subject to exemptions when the main reasons are the protection of commercial interests and the protection of confidential information under the Data Protection Act 1998. This applies to all classes of information within the Publication Scheme. The information in this Scheme is grouped into 7 broad categories.
Class 1 Information entails the details of the practice, organisational structure, key personnel and how we fit into the NHS. This information is published in our practice leaflet, which is available free of charge on request here.
Class 2 Information is the range of services we provide under contract to the NHS. Details of all the services that we provide is published in our practice leaflet and is on our this website. See above for the Practice Leaflet link.
Class 3 Information regards the funding details, charging policies, financial and funding information. For example Littlewick Medical Centre and The Dales Medical Centre receives money from Erewash CCG according to its contract with Erewash CCG in exchange for services provided for patients.
Class 4 Information concerns the guidance and information leaflets and regular publications and information for the public. The following information is available free of charge:
- Practice leaflet
- HRT update
- Diabetes update
- Smoking Cessation Services
- Services and clinics offered at the surgery
Class 5 Information entails the policies, procedures and contacts for complaints. Regarding this information this practice follows the NHS complaints procedure and follows a strict protocol when dealing with all complaints. The practice protocol is available as a printed copy.
Class 6 Information includes general policies and procedures in use within out practice. They include:
- Cervical Neoplasia Screening
- Child Health Surveillance
- Child Protection
- Data Access
- Emergency Contraception
- Maternity Service
- Recording of medication and repeat prescriptions
Class 7 Information; in this class we will publish any changes we make to this Publication Scheme, the criteria on which our information management policies are made and a referral point for all enquires regarding information management generally in the Trust. We will also publish any proposed changes or additions to the publications already available.
Most information is available from our practice leaflet or this website, but there may be a nominal charge to cover costs if you require a hard copy of some information. These charges will vary according to how that information is made available. Charges are as follows:
- If the information is available here on our website or other online sources it is free of charge. The CCG web address is http://www.erewashccg.nhs.uk
- If you do not have Internet access a single print-out from this website is available by post from the Practice Manager or by personal application at the Practice. The Practice charges 5p per sheet and the cost of postage if required. Requests for multiple printouts, or archived copies of documents that are no longer accessible, will attract a small charge for the retrieval, photocopy, postage etc. We will let you know the cost and charges that will have to be paid in advance. We are not able to provide printouts of other organisation's websites.
- Leaflets and booklets are free of charge. For example services we offer to the public.
- Email information is free of charge unless specified otherwise.
- These charges will be reviewed regularly
Listed below are a few useful webistes and resources regarding information exchange and management:
All material available through this Publication Scheme is subject to the General Practice's copyright unless otherwise indicated. Unless expressly indicated to the contrary, it may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium provided it is done so accurately in a manner which will not mislead. Where items are re-published or copied to others, you must identify the source and acknowledge copyright status. This permit does not extend to third party material, accessed through the scheme. For HMSO Guidance Notes see www.hmso.gov.uk/guides.htm