To complement the Rights and Standards as set out in the Government's Patient's Charter we, as your Health Team, can offer you:-
An appointment with any doctor at the Surgery, regardless of whom you are registered, subject to availability.
Immediate attention in case of a medical emergency.
In the case of urgency, an appointment on the same day, subject to GP Triage assessment
An Out of Hours service is available if you require a doctor urgently out of normal surgery hours.
The Practice will make every effort to
- start surgeries on time
- keep waiting times to a minimum
- keep you informed of any unavoidable delays which may occur during consultation time.
- have letters of referral ready for dispatch or collection within two working days of dictation
- have repeat prescriptions ready for collection at the Health Centre within 2 working days.
- offer a health check on registration
- offer a home visit if you are unable to get to the Health Centre because of your illness
You will be treated with courtesy and efficiency at the reception and over the telephone by all members of staff, who will, at all times, endeavour to respect your privacy and dignity.
You will be asked if a medical student may attend your consultation, but you will always have the right to refuse.
A female chaperone will be available on request.
Full antenatal care will be provided by a named midwife.
Test results will be given by a receptionist, at the doctor's discretion, to save you having to make an appointment. Results can only be given to the patient unless a prior arrangement has been made.
A practice leaflet is available, on request, detailing all services available to patients.
Complete confidentiality at all times of patient records and consultations. Any comments, suggestions or complaints will be dealt with by the Practice Manager, Claire Munro. They will be treated seriously and confidentially, without affecting the patient/practice relationship.
Complaints will be dealt with confidentially and you will receive a written acknowledgement immediately and a written reply and/or chance to discuss the complaint usually within ten working days.
The waiting area will be clean and comfortable with facilities for children.
There will be easy access for the disabled, with toilet facilities.
In return for these services, we would ask that you
- give us 48 hours notice on request of a repeat prescription
- request a home visit before 10am
- let a receptionist know if you are unable to keep an appointment
- accept that there could be some delay if your Doctor has to attend an emergency
- accept that there may be some waiting time as some patients may need more consulting time than others – one day that person may be you
- keep your children as quiet as possible and under control, so as not to cause distress to or disturb other patients who may be feeling unwell
- arrive on time for your appointment
- try, where possible, to see your Doctor at the Health Centre in order to give him/her more time to see other patients
- refrain from bringing animals into the Health Centre
- accept that current BMA fees will be applied for non-medical services