We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you will feel that we achieve that aim.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Primary Health Care Team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other's needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibility to you:
- You will be greeted courteously and treated with respect at all times
- You have a right to confidentiality
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law
- You will be seen on the same day if your problem is urgent
- You will be seen by your preferred doctor whenever possible
- You will be informed if there will be a delay or more than 20 minutes for your appointment
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it is necessary
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request or at your next appointment
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 hours of your request
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered
sympathetically (forms available from reception) and any complaint dealt with quickly
- You are free to ask for a chaperone at any time during your appointment, please speak to the receptionist
- We will provide you with information on any local/national health provider - just ask
- We also work with the PALS (Patient Advice Liaison Service) for any concerns you may have regarding treatment received within the primary care setting.
Your responsibility to us:
- All staff have the right to carry out their work without threat of violence. Please treat all
surgery staff with the same respect, we are all just doing our job.
- Any physically or verbally abusive behaviour will result in immediate removal from the
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself without written authority
- Tell us of any change to name or address so that our records are accurate
- Only request an urgent appoint if appropriate. Home visits should only be requested if you
are too ill to attend surgery and night visits should be for emergencies only
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend. Continual abuse of the system
will unfortunately result in removal from the practice list.
- Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultants letter or the results of any tests to reach us
- Use the tear off slip to request your repeat prescription whenever possible. Please attend
for review when asked before your next prescription is due.
- Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility to you
- Do let us know if you feel praise is due.