Extended Access to Appointments
From 01 February 2018 we will be working with some of our Local Practices, to offer additional later appointments, as well as weekend appointments.
The local Practices comprise the following: Ashfield House, Family Medical Centre, Kirkby Health Centre, Lowmoor Road Surgery, Selston Surgery, Health Care Complex and Jacksdale Medical Centre.
Appointments will be available weekdays up to 20:00 in our local area, each surgery has a set day to cover.
- Appointments will also be available on Saturday mornings (by rota) in our local area so not always at KCPCC. These appointments are for non-emergencies and pre-bookable only. When appointments are not available at KCPCC during these new times (18:30 till 20:00 and on Saturdays) appointments may be available at one of the other practices listed above.
- GPs, Practice Nurses and Health Care Assistants appointments will be available.
- These additional appointments are for pre booking only and non-emergencies, so unlikely to be available to be booked on the same day. Nor will we be able to deal with emergencies / urgent enquiries or collection of prescriptions.
- General enquiries, emergencies/urgent appointments, booking of appointments, collecting of prescriptions will continue during our normal working hours only. For urgent / emergencies or book-on-the-same-day appointments, please contact the practice with whom you are registered for help with these types of appointments.
- Currently, there are no facilities to transfer blood samples to the hospital, during these new appointment times (from 18:30 to 20:00 and Saturdays). So unfortunately, we will not be able to offer routine blood taking, during these hours. We are working with the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), to work with the hospital, so that we may be able to offer this service during our new extended hours in future.
Our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
We look forward to welcoming you to KCPCC and hope that we may meet your and your families health needs. If you feel that there is something else that we could offer, we are keen to hear from you.
*Wheelchair Access *Cycle Parking *Car Parking
*Disabled WC *Disabled Parking *Baby Changing Facility
Should you require medical advice outside surgery opening times please phone NHS 111 for non emergency symptoms, or by contacting your pharmacist.
If these services recommend you seek urgent medical care Primary Care 24 (next to the Emergency Dept Kings Mill Hospital) provide a 24 hour walk in service.
Not Feeling Well ?
Check your symptoms on the free NHS Symptom Checker
You can also access health information on Patient.co.uk
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
Kirkby Community Primary Care Centre are pleased to announce that a new Electronic Prescription Service will be available from 18th May 2016. Patients will need to nominate a Pharmacy for this service, or contact the surgery for further details after 18th May 2016.
From April 2015 all NHS Practices must assign and notify patients of their named GP.
If you would like to know who your named GP is please contact the surgery during working hours.
(Site updated 12/02/2018)