Welcome to Burdwood Surgery
This website is for both existing patients and those considering registering with us. It tells you about our services, how to access them and some general information about how our practice operates.
Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues. At the Burdwood Surgery, we aim to treat all our patients promptly, courteously and in complete confidence.
Partners in Care
Once registered, patients and healthcare professionals work together to ensure the most appropriate care is provided. This partnership philosophy extends even further and our patient participation group exists to make sure that patient needs and the practice offering are always heading in the same direction. Please click here for further information about our Patient Participation Group.
Christmas and New Year Opening Hours
Below are our opening hours for the Christmas and New Year period. You can also find pharmacy opening hours for the festive season by clicking on the link below.
We would like to wish all our patients and their families a very happy Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year.
Pharmacy opening hours for Christmas and New Year 2017-2018
Aged 40 - 74? Find out about our FREE NHS Health Check
Even though you might be feeling great, if you're over forty you may be at risk of heart disease, stroke, kidney disease, diabetes or dementia. A FREE NHS Health Check can help you reduce these risks and make sure you stay healthy.
- Have not been diagnosed with having a cardiovascular disease and / or on medication for the treatment of hypertension and high cholesterol.
- Have not had an NHS Health Check in the last 5 years.
Please phone our reception team on 01635 868006 for further information or to book an appointment.
Flu Season 2017
There is still time to have your flu vaccination.
Please book with reception today!
Who can have a flu jab?
- ALL pregnant women
- ALL patients aged 65 years or over
- ALL patients living in long-stay residential
- ALL children who are two & three years old on 31 August 2017 (But not four years or older)
+ ALL patients who are aged from 6 months to less than 65 years of age with a serious medical condition such as:
- Chronic long-term respiratory disease (Severe asthma, bronchitis, COPD)
- Chronic heart disease (heart failure)
- Chronic kidney disease (Stages 3, 4 or 5)
- Chronic liver disease
- Chronic neurological disease (Parkinsons, motor neurone disease, learning disability)
- Splenic dysfunction (No spleen)
- Immunosuppressed (Due to HIV/AIDS, cancer treatment)
- Overweight (BMI of 40 and above)
Please click here for further information about our flu clinics.
The Practice Newsletter
Burdwood Surgery PPG Newsletter (3) NOVEMBER 2017
Burdwood Surgery PPG Newsletter (2) SEPTEMBER 2017 (30th Anniversary edition)
Burdwood Surgery PPG Newsletter (1) JUNE 2017
If you would like to be added onto our electronic subscribers list, please complete your details by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
Documents to download
Burdwood Surgery Patient Leaflet
(Site updated 13/12/2017)