Free Annual Flu Vaccination
Its that time of year again for vaccination against ‘flu.
We have two walk-in clinics running on the following dates – just turn up….
WEDNESDAY 27TH SEPTEMBER 0800-1200
FRIDAY 6TH OCTOBER 0800-1200
We offer it free of charge to patients who are at risk. You are eligible if you:
- are 65 years of age or over
- are pregnant
- have certain medical conditions (see below)
- are very overweight
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer's allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- are a front-line health and social care worker. It is your employer's responsibility to arrange vaccination for you
Additionally, for children, we recommend the flu vaccine for:
- children over the age of six months with a long-term health condition
- children born between 1/9/2013 & 31/8/205 plus children in reception classes and school years one, two and three.
Children aged between six months and two years of age who are eligible for the flu vaccine should have the flu jab.
Children eligible for the flu vaccine aged between two and 17 will usually have the flu vaccine nasal spray.
We will be happy to see children by appointment rather than in the walk-in clinics.
Medical conditions eligible for free flu vaccine:
For further information please click on the link below.
(Site updated 01/11/2017)