Shinwell has been Inspected and Rated as Outstanding by CQC 2017
Dr Chandy (now retired) set the Vision for this practice in 1970
'Putting patients first'
We have continued this philosophy and the key features of this practice are:
- Choice of surgeries, Horden or Peterlee - You choose
- Some prebookable early morning (7am-8am), late evening (6pm-7pm) appointments are available.
- Saturday surgery now available at Peterlee
- Female GP for well woman and sexual health appointments
- Helpful Reception staff
- Well established Nursing team with specialist training in many long term conidtions
Thank you for visiting our site.
Drs Oliver Barnsley, Dr Gordon Dougal, Dr Mala Kalia
This practice is a member of:
Durham Dales Easington Sedgefield Clinical Commissioning Group
South Durham Health - a GP-led organisation to bring hospital and specialist services into Easington and Sedgefield. Because we don't have hospitals nearby, we're working hard with our neighbouring practices to bring hospital care closer to you.
Did you know that you can now see a GP on Saturday mornings at Peterlee Health Centre.
- These appointments can be booked in advance.
- If you need an urgent appointment on the day please ring 111, or walk in (between 8am and 12:30pm)
- We have a shared arrangement with several different GP practices, alternating GPs on a Saturday morning clinic.
Visit us on Facebook
GP Earnings available on request
The Practice is regulated by CQC. What do they do - We monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and we publish what we find, including performance ratings to help people choose care
Find out more:
top left of this page - Basic information about the practice
right of this page - Further information about areas we specialise in
(Site updated 20/11/2017)