Welcome to Shinwell Medical Group
Dr Chandy set the Vision for this practice in 1970,
'Putting patients first'
We have continued this philosophy and the key features of this practice are:
- Ring anytime of the day when we are open for a GP appointment - no need to rush and ring first thing
- All patients will get a call back from the Doctor if you only need advice
- Nearly all 8am-6pm appointments are within one working day - no waiting for a GP appointment.
- Some prebookable early morning (7am-8am), late evening (6pm-7pm) appointments are available.
- Choice of surgeries, Horden or Peterlee - You choose
- Female GP for well woman and sexual health appointments
- Helpful Reception staff
- Well established Nursing team with specialist training in many long term conidtions
Thank you for visiting our site.
Drs Oliver Barnsley, Dr Mala Kalia, Dr Jane Leigh
New patients welcome - you can choose between;
- Registering online (click here) You will then be invited to the surgery in person to sign your registration form and provide proof of your address
- Printing off Registration Form and completing by hand
- Coming into surgery and talking to our receptionists.
Continuity and Personalisation of Care
You should be able to see a regular GP of the practice, as we do not routinely employ locum GPs.
Shinwell cares for people in Peterlee and Horden and surrounding villages in East Durham, in the North East of England
Did you know that you can now see a GP on Saturday mornings at the Peterlee Centre.
- These appointments can be booked in advance.
- Also if you need an urgent appointment on the day please ring 111, or walkin (if between 8am and 12:30)
- However as this is a shared arrangement between several different GP practices, we take turns in supplying staff - so it won't always be a Shinwell GP.
Electronic Guide to Common Childhood Illnesses. For Parents and Carers of children aged birth-5years. Click on the link below to have a look:
GP Earnings available on request
Find out more:
top left of this page - Basic information about the practice
right of this page - Further information about areas we specialise in
(Site updated 01/04/2016)