WELCOMING YOUNG PEOPLE
This means that young people 11 and older can see a Practice Nurse or GP with the companion of their choice or alone i.e. they don’t need to be accompanied by a parent.
SPECIAL CLINICS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
We are running special clinics for young people. This will give them a chance to discuss wider health issues such as weight, intimate relationships, sexual health and smoking cessation.
We offer a free, confidential condom distribution service to young people aged 13 and above.
Please refer to best practice guidance on the provision of effective contraception and advice services for young people
Teenage Pregnancy Unit http://www.everychildmatters.gov.uk/health/teenagepregnancy
- Condoms are free and available to both males and females following initial assessment from trained staff member, using FRASER guidelines
- No C-Card registration will be completed without the young person receiving information and leaflets on condom usage with demonstrated techniques.
- Information will be given regarding emergency contraception and contraceptive and Sexual Health Services i.e. in the event of “condom accidents”
- Each surgery/project is to produce and display a poster informing young people of this service, including opening times
- Ensure storage information complies with the Data Protection Act 1998
Please feel free to discuss with the Sexual Health Outreach Worker or Contraceptive and Sexual Health Services any concerns you may have about contraceptive information.
CASH Clinic, Family Planning, Sexual Health and contraception Service booking line - 0191 372 8700